Are you looking for information on pet insurance? Then you are at the right place. Pet insurance comes in handy during times of emergency. It proves beneficial to pet owners in many ways. However, choosing the right pet insurance in India might be challenging.
An insurance policy that pays partially or fully for your pet’s vet needs is known as Pet insurance. Today, several companies are available in the market. However, each company is unique in its way of coverage and the facilities in its plan. Thus, choosing an insurance policy from one of the insurance companies may be tedious. Best dog insurance in India offers the following coverage.
- Medical expense/Vet treatment – Your pet insurance policy will give coverage if your dog or cat requires veterinary care.
- Mortality help – Mortality cover is an optional coverage that delivers your total insured amount in the tragic event of your pet’s death.
- Terminal illness cover – This optional coverage gives a lump-sum settlement for medical costs if your pet is analyzed with a critical illness.
- Long-term care coverage is another optional coverage that pays for health necessities requiring more prolonged therapy.
- Third-party liability – This is essential coverage that pays if your pet dog or cat causes physical injury to someone or causes property harm.
- OPD cover – Out-Patient Department is a coverage that takes care of unexpected treatments or if your pet catches an illness.
- Theft/Lost cover – This optional insurance coverage pays the sum insured in a robbery event.
- Health coverage – This optional health plan helps you pay for regular care like teeth cleaning, vaccinations, etc.
- Preventive care cover – Some pet insurance in India offer preventive coverage. This cover is the same as the health cover.
Pet Insurance Merits and demerits
Insurance is a different form of product where you don’t pay for availing services. Instead, you release tension to prevent financial losses due to health hazards.
Therefore, if you opt for dog pet insurance, always consider the necessity, not the affordability. You are spending money for protection from the risk that may arise due to pet health issues.
Let’s discuss some positive and negative sides.
Pet Insurance – Positive
Many vets suggest pet insurance, not for the cost of coverage but to indulge pet owners in improving dog health care. When personal health worries you, you may be unwilling to opt for dog insurance.
However, the experts suggest not to agonize about this situation. Unlike human health insurance, pet insurance is formatted. Therefore, healthcare issue gets resolved behind the scenes even if we do not get the bill and know the expenditure. On the other hand, the human insurance company pays directly to the service provider.
In dog pet insurance, you have to pay your vet directly and then claim it from the pet insurance company, which is reimbursed to you by the insurance company.
You can estimate the amount by deduction of the co-pay. As significant pet insurance companies reimburse, facilitate yourself to choose any of the vets your like. It can be done during the porting or opting for the first time.
A few times, an unexpected bill may develop in time of a vet visit. For example, your veterinarian suspecting a bone dislocation wand suggests an imaging test or detects an infection that may require a blood test. A dental check procedure is costly, especially if a sedative is needed to clean the teeth.
Pet insurance companies act as a savior when such huge expenses happen.
Pet Insurance – A bit of Negative
You must pay for your dog’s food, toys, and grooming. Therefore, insurance premiums become extra expenses. However, when avoided, it can land you in trouble when a worse situation happens to your dog.
You may try to avoid this, but remember that it is the only effective tool against the high medical and emergency cost to prevent financial trouble.
It does not prevent the high-risk situation but also reimburses your veterinarian visit cost. Compare this with the premium you paid, and you will notice the profitability in opting for insurance.
A preexisting condition is one of the negative aspects of pet insurance.
Thirty days period is another option which is a little worrying.
When do you need insurance for your pet.?
Now that you are aware of all the insurance terms. Let us look at when you need insurance for your pet.
- You must opt for insurance if you own an expensive or exotic breed like Husky.
- People with aggressive breeds like Rottweilers and Pitbull must consider pet insurance with third-party liability coverage.
- Suppose your dogs are more sensitive to illness. Dogs like the German Shepherd, Pug, and Great Dane are prone to health problems when they are older.
- When your vet advises insuring your pet.
- You are a skilled dog breeder. Insuring your dogs will save your investment. Moreover, insurers offer attractive discounts if you are guaranteeing several pets.
Pet insurance has several advantages if you balance insurance costs with coverage. Moreover, many companies provide free dog insurance quotes.
Here are some questions that will help you in getting the best pet insurance:
What are the best insurers to give pet insurance in India?
- Bajaj Allianz – Complete coverage
- Oriental – Accidental death cover
- Pantech – Complete coverage
- New India Assurance – Accidental death cover
Is dog insurance costly?
The premium amount differs and is based on several aspects, such as the coverage, age of your dog, insurer, dog’s size, etc. However, many dog insurance providers in India, like Bajaj Allianz.
Should I buy pet insurance for my dog?
We advise you to opt for pet insurance if you own an aggressive and expensive dog breed. However, you can opt-out of pet insurance for healthy and small dog breeds.
What type of coverage should I opt for for my dog?
We suggest a pet health insurance plan from Bajaj Allianz. Consider the best pet insurance options in India and plan depending on your dog’s temperament, size, and health.
Before opting for insurance, you should be aware of your dog’s health and the details of its health issue. In addition, you must get information regarding what problems may arise due to their age and breed type.
The following are a few things you should keep in mind:
- What type of breed do you want to insure?
- Do you have more than one pet in your home?
- Whether they are male or female?
- The age of the pet?
- How much do they weigh?
- Is your dog mixed breed or not?
- Does any preexisting condition already exist?
After answering these questions, you may choose a good proposal for pet insurance for your pet.
Pet insurance in India is a perfect choice for parents who want to give the best possible care to their pets. Therefore, we encourage every pet parent to opt for insurance. Many companies in India offer the best pet health insurance policy at a reasonable rate. So choose the one that is suited for your pet.